1. The sushi market is exploding throughout Europe:
- Consumers are becoming increasingly concerned about their health and wellness, looking for more fresh food choices.
- Fast-growing number of sushi restaurants.
2. This sustained interest is driven because:
- Sushi is satisfying
- Sushi is tasty
- Sushi is practical to eat on the go
- Takeaway sushi in particular is becoming increasingly popular. Today, we have seen that takeaway sushi can be up to 5.0% of food sales in a supermarket!
As consumer taste becomes more refined, we can expect traditional “industrial sushi” to fall out of favour.
The optimal solution: to offer fresh Sushi, made daily inside your store in front of the customers.